The CBPATSISP will work with the other national suicide prevention initiatives in the National Suicide Prevention Leadership and Support Program in various work streams when relevant. This includes Suicide Prevention Australia, University of Melbourne Centre for Mental Health, Everymind, and Black Dog Institute. A MOU is in place that formalises this relationship.
The Poche Centre for Indigenous Health, School of Indigenous Studies, University of Western Australia is the lead with consortium partners that include the national Healing Foundation, the Telethon Kids Institute, sub-contractors, Health Infonet and the Menzies School of Public Health Research. Following are their specific roles:
National Governance Committee
The Centre of Best Practice in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Suicide Prevention (CBPATSISP) National Governance Committee (NGC) has been established to provide expert guidance, advice, and coordination regarding the work of the CBPATSISP. The NGC will coordinate activities across the consortium and be a forerunner of a national alliance working to support suicide prevention initiatives for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities.
- Professor Jill Milroy (Co Chair), Dean School of Indigenous Studies, Poche Centre for Indigenous Health, School of Indigenous Studies, UWA
- Professor Tom Calma, (Co Chair) Senior Consultant, CBPATSISP
- Professor Pat Dudgeon, Project Director, CBPATSISP, Poche Centre for Indigenous Health, School of Indigenous Studies, UWA
- Richard Weston, Healing Foundation (Consortium member)
- Glenn Pearson, Telethon Kids Institute (Consortium member)
- Professor Neil Drew, Health Infonet, ECU(Consortium member),
- Professor Gary Robinson, Menzies School of Public Health
- Sally Bishop, Commonwealth Department of Health
- Pat Turner CEO National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation and
- Rob McPhee Deputy CEO Kimberley Medical Services
- Learne Durrington, Primary Health Networks.
- Sue Murray, Suicide Prevention Australia
- Stephanie von Helle, Black Dog Institute
- Barbara Ahmat - Project Manager, CBPATSISP